Mature students are those adult learners who are at least 18+ years of age and who have not attended high school for at least one full year or more, and have not met the requirements for graduation in Ontario.
If mature students have completed training programs or military service programs they may qualify for equivalency credits or have the ability to challenge a course for credit. Up to 16 Grade 9 and 10 credits may be granted to a mature student at the discretion of the principal following individual assessment.
Mature Students who are:
- Seeking to complete the requirements for a high school diploma
- Seeking maturity and /or equivalency credits for work and other studies
Need to apply for a Mature Student Assessment.
Mature Student Assessment
Based on when you entered the Ontario High School system our principal will assess your learning credentials and other documents. These documents may be from both formal school settings and/or informal settings such as work. Please see the steps to apply below.
STEPS TO APPLY
- Complete a Mature Student Individual Assessment Application
- Process your application fee
- Submit your portfolio
- Send a copy of your Birth Certificate or legal proof of age
- FAQ ON PLAR (STUDENTS ENTERING ONTARIO HIGH SCHOOL AFTER 1999-09-01)
- FAQ ON MSE (STUDENTS ENTERING ONTARIO HIGH SCHOOL BEFORE 1999-09-01)
The above documents may be submitted by scanning/email or by fax (613-482-4504).
*Important: An application fee of $199.00 CAD will apply. The Guidance Department will not begin processing your application until complete payment and the above items have been received.